Museum Pass Program
Museum Pass Program
- Our Museum Pass Program is now fully automated through our calendar based system, Tixkeeper. You can use Tixkeeper to place your reservations online by following the museum pass icons found on the Syosset Public Library’s home page (you will need your Syosset Library card) or if you prefer, staff at the Readers Services desk will place your reservations. To have a Readers Services staff member make your reservation, please stop by the Readers Services desk on the 2nd Floor, or contact us at 516-921-7161 ext. 239.
- Museum passes can be reserved up to thirty days in advance and must be checked out with an Adult Syosset Library card in good standing. Museum passes are for Syosset Residents only.
- A maximum of 2 museum passes can be reserved per every 30 day period. Once patrons have exceeded their 2 pass limit patrons must wait 30 days from the date of their first reservation to book another museum pass. Patrons may not use another adult family member card to book additional passes once your 2 pass limit has been reached.
- Only one museum pass at a time is permitted per family (i.e. those patrons living at the same mailing address). Patrons may not reserve two museum passes for the same day.
- Passes will now circulate for two days, meaning if you reserved a pass for a Thursday, it will be due back by 8:00 pm on Friday. Passes must be picked up and returned to the Readers Services Desk on the Second Floor. If the library is closed, Passes may be returned in the Media Drop Box.
- In an effort to allow greater access to our museum passes and as a courtesy to your fellow patrons, please contact the Readers Services desk (516-921-7161 ext. 239) if you need to cancel your museum pass reservation, preferably on or before the date of your reservation. Reserved Passes that are not picked up by patrons will count toward the 2 pass limit if patron does not call to cancel ahead of time.
- Late Charges are $5.00 per day per pass. Late return of museum passes that prevent reserved patrons from utilizing their reserved pass will result in additional fees placed on the patron responsible for the late return (i.e. museum entry fee). A non-refundable fee of $25.00 will be charged to any person who loses a pass.
- Each pass has different admittance guidelines so be sure to read the admission policy and visit the museums website to learn more about each museum. Museum/garden operating hours are subject to change as are exhibit closings. Special museum/garden programs may have added fees not covered by SPL membership and are the patron’s responsibility. Patrons can access museum websites from the Tixkeeper homepage by clicking on the particular museum. The Pass Details icon will give information on the number of adults and children that will be allowed admittance with that particular museum pass.
- If you have any questions navigating Tixkeeper, just click on the blue (help button) on the top of the Tixkeeper homepage or contact the Readers Services Dept. at 516-921-7161 ext. 239 for assistance.